What is the Mayor’s Pledge to Save Dallas Water?
The National Mayor’s Challenge for Water Conservation, April 1-30, encourages residents across the nation to support practices, techniques, programs, and technologies on the local level that protect water resources, reduce consumption of water, and improve the efficient use of water. Mayor Mike Rawlings has taken the pledge, but that is simply the first step. Each of us needs to take the “My Water Pledge” in order to put Dallas on the map as a City who cares about water conservation.
Please visit www.mywaterpledge.org and take the pledge today!
About My Water Pledge
My Water Pledge is a friendly competition between cities across the US to see who can be the most “Water-Wise.” Mayors nationwide will challenge their residents to conserve water, energy and other natural resources on behalf of their city through a series of informative, easy-to-use pledges online.
Cities with the highest percentage of residents who take the challenge in their population category win. Participants in the winning cities are eligible to win hundreds of prizes. Last year, the challenge awarded more than $50,000 in prizes to nearly 1,000 residents in U.S. cities.
How it Works
- Take the “My Water Pledge” on behalf of your city.
- See how much you’ve pledged to save.
- If your city wins and you choose to enter the prize drawing, you are eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: All-new 2016 Toyota Prius
- $1000 Shopping Spree at a Home Improvement Store
- 50 Greening Your Cleaning Gift Baskets from Earth Friendly Products (ECOS)
- 50 Toro EVOLUTION® Series Controller (equipped w/ Smart Connect®, Weather Sensor, and additional 4 station module)
- 50 Cree 6-Pack Dimmable (84% less energy) LED Light Bulbs
- 50 Avex Brazos Autoseal® Water Bottle (Set of 2)
- 25 EcoFlow® Showerheads from Waterpik
For more information on the steps you can take around your home to be “Water-Wise”, visit Save Dallas Water.