We are excited to celebrate the 50th day of our Earth Day Every Day campaign in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. Let’s take a look back at some of the things we learned as we shared a new Earth friendly fact each day for the past 50 days.
- We let you know that Registration for the 2020 Branch Out Dallas program will open on September 1, 2020. If you are still interested you can find out more details at http://ow.ly/REJS50A2w01
- We shared with you the Dallas City Marshal’s office of Environmental Crimes Unit has made over 950 arrests since
2016. Remember to report environmental crimes and illegal dumping at 9-1-1 (when in progress) or 3-1-1 for existing environmental offenses or contact NTX Crime Stoppers at 877-373-TIPS (8477) for a reward of up to $1,500.
- We went from hearing about COVID-19, to sheltering in place and learning about new urban gear, face masks! We still hope you dispose your PPE properly if one use, no dropping them on the ground, leaving them in parking lots, or tossing them into storm drains.
- As we stayed indoors a little more, the air, water and wildlife near us enjoyed the respite by flourishing.
- At the end of June, we have delivered eight Grow with Us and Earth Day Every Day sessions in partnership with the Dallas Central Library. The topics ranging from Backyard Chickens and Pollinators to Stormwater. Check out upcoming classes here.
- We shared some resources on making your own PPE, to avoid one-use waste
- All the while we practiced “composting in place”
- And not to mention the progress of our Comprehensive Environmental and Climate Action Plan, CECAP, since we discussed it on Earth Day!
As you may know, CECAP was unanimously adopted by our city council. We hope you review some of the ninety-seven (97) action steps Dallas plans to enact. You may review CECAP’s action items here.
The passing of CECAP means Dallas is making a stand to be greener and smarter in our behaviors and care of the natural resources around us, and on behalf of the environment as a whole. And, it elevates the conversation about guidance and behaviors to keep it all thriving – progress toward healthier communities. This is our green light to stay in action, and we need your help! Moving forward we hope you continue to follow us as a resource and remain inspired to celebrate Earth Day Every Day!
As always you may find us at GreenDallas.net for more information or ask us questions on the best way to be green in your area!