2803 Taylor St
Dallas, TX 75226
The BOPA Mobile
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) poses a threat to the environment, such as our streams and rivers, if we send it to the landfill. Items considered HHW should never be placed in your trash or recycle bins. The most common types of HHW are Batteries, Oil, Paint, and Antifreeze (BOPA). The City of Dallas has created a special service for its residents to dispose of these items – the BOPA Mobile. You may have seen this truck in different locations throughout the city, collecting batteries, oil, paint, and antifreeze from residents. The BOPA Mobile operates rain or shine.
- The BOPA Mobile will ONLY accept batteries, oil, paint and antifreeze.
- No more than 25 gallons of oil, paint, and/or antifreeze (per household, per day).
- No containers larger than 5 gallons.
- No more than 50 pounds of batteries (per household, per day).
- No pallets.
- Service is for residents ONLY. Any material from businesses will NOT be accepted.
Dallas County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) member cities
Addison, Dallas, DeSoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Garland, Highland Park, Irving, Mesquite, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, and unincorporated areas of Dallas County.
To drop off at the BOPA Mobile, you must show proof that you live in a Dallas County HHW member city. Proof includes a driver’s license or utility bill showing your name and address.
See more details here.