Download the Recycling Guide today!
The City of Dallas accepts the following recyclable items in the blue recycling carts and community recycling centers:
- Glass: Bottles and jars of any color (Please note: for the safety of our collection staff, please place any broken glass in a paper bag before placing in your roll cart or blue bag).
- No window glass, light bulbs, ceramics, mirrors, Pyrex (and other tempered glass products), or fiberglass.
- Plastics: Containers labeled #1 – 5, and #7. You can find the plastics number in the recycling triangle on the base of the container.
- No plastic grocery bags (regardless of number in recycle symbol), plastic wrap, rubber bands, styrofoam or packing “peanuts”, chemical containers, toys, or plastic utensils.
- Metals: Steel, tin, and aluminum (labels do not need to be removed). Empty aerosol (non-hazardous) cans are okay too.
- No aluminum foil, pie plates, toys, electronics, or appliances.
- Paper products & Cardboard: Newspapers and inserts, envelopes, magazines, catalogs, paperback and hardback books, phone books, food and detergent boxes, paper egg cartons, 12-pack drink cartons, folded corrugated boxes, cardboard boxes, and cereal boxes.
- No waxed cardboard, plastic or foil-lined cereal or cracker boxes, pizza delivery boxes, or food contaminated boxes.
All of these items may be placed in a recycling roll cart or taken to a recycling drop off center.
A recycling roll cart can be ordered free of charge, by calling 3-1-1 or clicking here and selecting the Service Type: Recycling Roll Cart New.
- Electronics Recycling
- Plastic Bag Recycling
- Yard waste: (grass trimmings, branches, leaves) please leave these items for the once-monthly Brush/Bulk collection
- Household Hazardous Waste: Batteries, Used Motor-Oil, Latex Paint, and Antifreeze
- Tires – Each household may take up to eight tires per year to the landfill, or one of the three transfer stations: